Welcome to Asylum Documentation!
Asylum is a platform for the next generation of gaming, united into the single Metaverse, where anyone has a place to play, study, work and express themselves.
The blockchain gaming and metaverse are actively maturing trend. We believe in the decentralised future of metaverse, as it's the only available approach for free and secure economy and creativity - required features of metaverse spaces.
The general problem is that decentralized approach is on the heap of different technologies. Asylum Platform aims to combine all necessary parts (we call them Building Blocks) you need to create your own metaverse space in one ecosystem.
Asylum ecosystem consists of 4 Building Blocks:
The core Building Block, which is a link between other blocks. Standards define the general format allowing dApps, spaces, smart contracts on different chains communicate with each other in the same language. Asylum Standards consists of:
- Metaverse Objects Standard
- Avatar System,
- Game Distribution System
Includes set of web apps to simplify managing Asylum entities (NFTs, Avatars, etc.) for Creators and set of libraries you can integrate into dApp to connect with Asylum ecosystem.
- Creator Studio - designed for space developers to create and manage Asylum entities
- Connection Library - the typescript library in form of npm package, which ease integration with Asylum pallets providing clear API
One of our main values is interoperability, this is why Polkadot ecosystem is a good fit for us. While we're working on intreroperability on the Metaverse layer - Polkadot is providing native interoperability on the chain level. We’re using typical for Polkadot project technical stack, including substrate as a main blockchain framework. Below is the list of key acrhitectural modules or pallets we’re providing on-chain:
- Installation - how to install the Asylum node
- Architecture - our vision of the Asylum architecture
- DAO - our vision of the Asylum governance system
4. Unity SDK
Right now we support Asylum infrastructure for Unity engine, but plan to expand it to Unreal Engine and other popular 3D creation tools.
- Build & Run - guides, APIs, description for Asylum Unity SDK